Monday, March 28, 2011

Whatcha Doin'?

While I was writing the previous post, Marty came over and sat down and wanted to know what I was doing. "What's a sitcom?," he said, looking at my computer screen.

My explanation tellingly had to involve "iCarly" because Marty really doesn't watch network television. He also doesn't watch reruns. Never mind that when I was his age, I not only could quote whole episodes of "The Brady Bunch," but also "The Partridge Family," "The Monkees," "The Munsters," "The Addams Family," "McHale's Navy," "Hogan's Heros," "Bewitched," "I Dream of Jeanie," and probably another 10 shows that I'm not even thinking of.

"Why are you calling it My Life as a Sitcom?," he asked.

"Well, I used to live in Los Angeles, some of my best friends wrote for sitcoms, and now our life is kind of like a lot of the stuff that they used to write," I explained.

"Wait a second," Marty said. "Is this a blog?"

When I admitted that it was, Marty ran off yelling, "Mom! Dad's blogging!"

He eventually came back and actually read what was written of the post at that point. Oddly, what bothered him was that I had left out some small details. He was unfazed though by the fact that his name is changed in the blog, which is what I actually expected to be questioned on. In retrospect, though, he's written plenty of stories on his own, so changing someone's name for story purposes didn't really bother him. Me leaving out exactly how he had asked his mother to speak to his little brother, though, was apparenlty annoying.

It wasn't stated, but I now have to start checking the internet history on the computer, just to make sure that Marty doesn't decide to do some blogging of his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment