Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pee In Eye

Last night, I heard those words that every father can't wait to hear from his son -- "Mom, I peed in my eye!"
This was my 5-year-old son. How exactly did he pee in his eye? We don't know...he was in the bathroom by himself...but the possibilities are bountiful. Was it a ricochet shot off the toilet seat? I mean, was he aiming at a spider or something and just didn't expect the kickback? Was something amiss and he decided to take a look and just forgot to shut down the water works? Luckily, he was getting ready to take a shower at the time.
He is awful fond of pee though. And, poop. If he can work those two words into any anecdote or, heck, even just any sentence he's fine.
His older brother was talking about Valentine's Day and trying to get Mr. Pee Eye to commit to a girl that he liked. ("You know, who's going to be your girlfriend when you're a teenager," my 8-year-old said. "Which one are you going to do in high school?" Unlike a lot of his peers, my son legitimately has no idea what's wrong with that sentence.) Finally, after being sick of the question, my younger son went with his strength and said, "I love poop." After some more prodding, he switched over to loving pee. Someday, people will be talking about how they had a little boyfriend or girlfriend in kindergarten and he'll be relaying stories about peeing in his eye or maybe regaling them with one of the numerous stories of walking out of the bathroom to do his "naked dance."

No comments:

Post a Comment