Tuesday, February 15, 2011

V-Day

After 10 years together, this is what Valentine's Day becomes...I didn't get home from work until nearly 7 p.m., at which point my wife was trying to help Marty do his homework...which he didn't want to do...while Casey ran around like a maniac. We exchanged cards while trying to fix dinner and the kids argued over which box of the exact same Valentine's candy was whose.

Then we had a dinner so memorable that I couldn't actually tell you what it was...but I can tell you that Marty spent most of dinner under the table and Casey sang a song about "poop."

Then the kids took their showers, which meant that we were treated to Casey's "pee-pee" dance for the 1,000 or so time and Marty got water all over the floor because he didn't remember that he needed to go to the bathroom until he was in the shower.

When the boys finally went to bed, Amy immediately slipped into something a little more comfortable...some flannel pajamas. She had a head cold and wanted to go to bed early.
We did watch some TV together while she flossed her teeth, which was nice.

Then she went to bed, texting me to bring up an extra blanket for her when I went to bed.

What did I do? Well, I did a chunk of paperwork while half watching television until I fell asleep.

I read a statistic that said the feeling of being "in love"lasts for an average of two years...but in my case, I can't imagine the euphoria ever ending.

Oh, and in keeping with the romantic theme...it dawned on me over the weekend that once upon a time I used to like under wire bras for the more traditionally obvious male reasons. Now, I like them because they're easy to identify when you're taking clothes out of the washer...since you're not supposed to put them in the dryer.

C'est l'amour!


No comments:

Post a Comment